POLICIES AND PROCEDURES FOR INDEPENDENT INVESTMENT CONSULTANTS
- .(a) I am of legal age in the state and country of my residence. I agree that I am an independent contractor, responsible for determining my own business activities and not an agent, employee or legal representative of Global American Syndicate (GAS). I will not represent in any manner that I am an agent or employee of the GAS. I am responsible for the payment of all federal, state, and local taxes, including self-employment taxes. If I live in a country other than the US, I also agree I am totally responsible for all legal requirements in my country, i.e., permits, licenses, etc.,
(b) This position does not constitute the sale of a franchise or a distributorship and no purchases have been required for the right to distribute the GAS' products pursuant to this Agreement.
- In order to maintain a viable Marketing Program and to comply with changes in federal, state, or local laws or economic conditions, Global American Syndicate may provide new Policies and Procedures and I or Rules and Regulations for IIC's from time to time, as well as modify its Marketing Plan, all of which shall upon notice to the IIC become a binding part of this Agreement.
- Prior to use by me names, trade names, logos, copyrighted material, trademarks, or service marks, I understand that unauthorised use or duplication of trademarks or copyrighted materials is a violation of federal and international law.
- I will not make false or misleading statements about the Global American Syndicate opportunity, products, or services, and will make no statements, claims or warranties with regard to Global American Syndicate or its products or services which are not contained in the GAS' written materials or WEB. I agree to perform all services in a manner consistent with all applicable laws and regulations and with the principles of good conduct and ethics. Customer "slamming" is absolutely prohibited. Slamming is defined as the practice of submitting a investment service customer to the GAS without the customer's actual consent and/or signature.
- Married couples must operate as a single Independent Investment Consultant. IIC lists, customer lists, and names are owned by the GAS and may never be used for any commercial purpose without prior written consent of the Company. This agreement is governed under the laws of the State of Delaware. The parties agree that any claim, dispute, or other difference between them shall be exclusively resolved by binding arbitration pursuant to the Commercial Arbitration Rules of the American Arbitration Association, with arbitration to occur at Delaware, USA.
- Non-competition. During the term of activity of the Independent Investment Consultants (IIC) the IIC shall not sell or advertise to other GAS IICs or GAS' clients non-GAS products or services relating to investment products, or in any way promote to GAS IICs or GAS' clients, other than those IICs wich may been personally sponsored, opportunuties in investment programs of other investment companies. GAS reserves the right to suspend or terminate any IIC at any time should IIC violate the Code of Professional Ethics or the Rules and Regulations of IIC activity.'